The CasaManager updated 2021 NCASA Annual Survey is missing a few data points regarding placements. You might have noticed that questions 161 and 162 ask about placements for the 2021 calendar year, while questions 160 and 163 ask about placement types on September 30, 2021. Unfortunately, this was missed in the update, so questions 160 through 163 in the CasaManager report all apply to placements for kids active on September 30, 2021.
To be able to answer questions 161 and 162 (placement types for the 2021 calendar year), follow the steps below:
- Mix & Match;
- Enter the start and end dates of 1/1/21 and 12/31/21;
- Select Placement Queries;
- Check the box for ‘Served during date range’. In the start date field, enter “<12/31/2021”, in the end date field, enter “=“. *(Do not enter the quotation marks);
- Click the button for “New Request”. Check the same checkbox for ‘Served during date range’. In the start date field, enter “<12/31/2021”, in the end date field enter “>1/1/2021”. *(Do not enter the quotation marks);
- Perform Search;
- Hit the ‘Return’ button;
- Hide Data;
- Find the column for ‘Facility Type’ and hit that button. This will now display the sub-summaries of each placement type.
This will find placements for active children, that are either still active (no end date), or were active at least one day in the date range.
These steps are also laid out in a Burst Training on the training channel so that you can easily follow along.